Streamsong Red - Fort Meade, FL
Streamsong Red was created by the design team of Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw and was opened to the public in 2012. Just about everyone I meet raves about the 2 courses at Streamsong, so I was very excited to finally get a chance to play. I was also excited to have two big time playing partners in Ashley Mayo and Sean Ogle. The excitement was officially tripled when I read Streamsong's philosophy on why a golf course should be walked.
The Red course starts off with a ridiculously good first 6 holes that set the tone for a great day of laughs, screams, and sun burns. I particularly enjoyed the 4th hole, It felt like I was at a drive in movie theater hitting my approach towards the big screen. Not exactly sure if that was the intended vibe, but I freaking loved it. Coore and Crenshaw have done a magnificent job of shaping the terrain to create a unique experience on every hole.
By the numbers;
- 2:8 - Ratio of sausages to selfies taken at the turn
- .0000001 - Measurement in inches by which my eagle putt on 13 missed
- 0% - Chance that Sean's birdie bomb on #7 had of NOT going in the hole
- 7/10 - Severity of Ashley's sunburn
- 0 - Number of times our caddie had seen any group take this many pictures
- 3 - # of satisfied golfers