Geneva National - Trevino - Lake Geneva, WI
Compared to the other 2 courses at Geneva National, the Trevino course has a stronger forest vibe than the Palmer and Player options. The course has a bias to Mr Trevino's natural fade, so I felt right at home with my left to right trajectory. This was the first Lee Trevino course that I had played, so I decided to do some research into the man.
Things about Lee Trevino:
- He is the greatest Mexican golfer to every play the game.
- Nicknames include The "Merry Mex" and "SuperMex"
- He has won 6 majors, but never The Masters
- Tony Jacklin: "Lee, I don't want to talk today." Trevino: "I don't want you to talk. I just want you to listen."
- Trevino: "I played the tour in 1967 and told jokes and nobody laughed. Then I won the Open the next year, told the same jokes, and everybody laughed like hell."
- Lee Trevino was struck by lightning in 1975. He would later explain that he should have been pointing his 1 iron at the sky because "Not even god can hit the 1 iron."